At Anderson Development Company, the protection of our local and global communities is critical to the long-term success of our customers and to the long-term success of our company. Anderson Development follows the principles of Responsible Care? which aim to continually improve performance related to the environment, health, safety, and security with a focus on our stakeholders.
Environmental, health, safety, and security performance has improved greatly through the implementation of Responsible Care? by American Chemistry Council (ACC) members.
Involvement in Responsible Care? is required for all ACC member companies. Some of the program elements include:
- Determining and publicly reporting performance;
- Meeting Responsible Care? Security Code requirements;
- Using the Responsible Care? management system. This includes system planning, implementing the system, checking to make sure that it is working properly, and management taking the necessary steps to improve the system.
- Obtaining an independent certification that the management system is functioning properly.
Responsible Care? is a global initiative. It is practiced in economies around the world with the goal of promoting the safe and secure management of chemicals, products and processes..
Anderson Development Company is committed to the ACC Responsible Care? Guiding Principles:
- To lead in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy, and the environment.
- To design and develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used, and disposed of or recycled safely.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors, and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport and disposal of chemicals, and provide hazard and risk information that can be accessed and applied in their operations and products.
- To design and operate facilities in a safe, secure, and environmentally sound manner.
- To instill a culture throughout all levels of the organization to continually identify, reduce and manage process safety risks.
- To promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste and conservation of energy and other critical resources at every stage of the life cycle of products.
- To cooperate with governments at all levels and organizations in the development of effective and efficient safety, health, environmental and security laws, regulations, and standards.
- To support education and research on the health, safety, environmental effects, and security of products and processes.
- To communicate product, service, and process risks to stakeholders and listen to and consider their perspectives.
- To make continual progress toward a goal of no accidents, injuries, or harm to human health and the environment from products and operations, and openly report health, safety, environmental, and security performance.
- To seek continual improvement in the continual improvement in the integrated Responsible Care? Management System? to address environmental, health, safety, and security performance.
- To promote Responsible Care? by encouraging and assisting other companies to adhere to these Guiding Principles.